Following the Margate Swapmeet of 2017 held five miles away from Margate we have now negotiated with Hornby Hobbies to hold this year’s swapmeet in the Scalextric factory.
‘MARGATE SCALEXTRIC OPEN-DAY AND SWAPMEET’
Venue: Hornby Hobbies Visitor Centre, Westwood Ind Est., Broadstairs, Kent, CT9 4JX.
Date: Sunday 14th October 2018
Time 10am to 3pm for the public.
Contact: Adrian 07464 992000
* The event is aimed at attracting local people as well as collectors and racers. With a rich history of Scalextric in the area we hope that many ex-Scalextric employees will visit.
* Track layouts for the public to try out.
* Trade and enthusiasts stalls for swapping, selling, buying.
* Club and Magazine stands.
* Advertised on local radio, papers and social media.
* Ample parking, easy loading access. Access for the disabled.
* Full amenities with recently reintroduced cafeteria serving snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
* The venue, with easy access via Calais-Dover, is geographically central to Paris, Brussels, Rotterdam, Aachen, Manchester, Swansea, Plymouth and Hull.
* The venue is 20 miles from Dover but, more importantly, inside the old Scalextric factory.
Please SHARE & LIKE this information and image in your social media and local communities.
Any questions, please ask.
The Scalextric and Hornby Railways production plant was closed down around the turn of the century and continued as an administration head-quarters for a further decade before selling the site and moving their administration home to Sandwich in Kent but maintaining the Hornby Visitor Centre at the old factory.